How to Clean Up Makeup Brushes / Sponges

 

For me, it is such a tedious task to clean up my brushes and beauty blender. However, I know that when I don’t do it, my skin acts up (it breaks out). After reading for a while about this, I found that bacteria accumulate on brushes/sponges causing damage to our skin after using them. Also, our makeup tools can get damaged over time if we don't clean them frequently. Moreover, in the end, I find that makeup always looks better after washing my tools since all the residue from previous looks is gone. 

Although I hate to clean my brushes and sponge, I try to do it at least once a week. To clean them, I use Glam Glow’s Gentle Bubble Daily Conditioning. Although it is a face wash, I started using it to clean up my tools after getting one from Boxy Charm. Surprisingly, months later, I saw that a video went viral of someone using a mini washer with some of this face wash to clean a beauty blender. However, before getting this, I would use any antibacterial soap, and that worked too. 


 


I also use a little silicone pad, similar to the following one, in which I put some of such face wash and water:



To clean up my brushes, I first wet my brushes' bristles with water. Then, I just rub my brushes' bristles into the silicone pad, in a circular motion, until all the makeup residues on them are gone and the water runs clear.

For my beauty blender, I just put the face wash on it and squeeze it gently and repeatedly, with my hands, under running water. Then, I put more face wash on it and do it all over again until the water runs clear. I also make sure to get a new beauty blender about every three months. https://beautyblender.com/

Finally, I just leave my makeup tools over a dry towel. I like to do this at night so in the morning they are ready to be used. 

Although I, again, hate to do this, I love to see my makeup tools clean,

How do you clean up your makeup tools? Let me know in the comments below if you have any thoughts or suggestions. 😊


Comments

Popular Posts