Everyday Makeup Routine

As you probably read in my last post, I mostly wear neutral colors when going to school or to my job. I usually pick light browns, pinks, and glittery eyeshadows for my everyday makeup looks. I first wash my face and put on sunscreen, moisturizer, and eye cream. You can find my skincare routine on one of my previous posts. For my Everyday Makeup Routine…

  • First, I wash my hands and put on some primer on my face with my fingers. I like “No Pore Problem” by Touch in SOL. Since I do have some large pores, this really helps. I discovered it when I was subscribed to Boxy Charm, a subscription box that I highly recommend... It is nice to get surprised with new makeup products every month 😊                                                                                  
                                                                        
  •       Second, I put on concealer to try to hide my dark circles. Also, if I happen to have a pimple, I try to cover it with concealer. I absolutely love Tarte Shape Tape Concealer for this! I have used this concealer for years now and it does a great job!   I also put it on with my fingers and later blend it with a damp beauty blender…                                                                                                                                                       


                                           

      

  •          Third, time for foundation. I have been using Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r foundation for about a year now. It looks nice on my very oily skin. I will say that I used to wear Tarte’s Amazonian clay foundation and I wore it for many years. I loved it so much. However, for some reason, the shade I used to wear was discontinued and I couldn’t find any other one from that line that matched my skin color. So, I switched to Fenty and I will say that the shade I bought does match my skin color perfectly. This one, I put it directly on my face and then I blend it with a damp beauty blender. 


  • Fourth, I put on some blush and contour my cheekbones (just a little bit). I use the following palette from Cover FX, which I also got from Boxy Charm. I put on the blush with Bare Mineral’s full flawless face brush, and, the contour, with the mini version of that same brush. I have had these brushes for years! And they still do the job. After Applying both shades, I blend everything with the big BM’s brush. 

  •          Fifth, if I feel like it, I put on some eyeshadows, or just leave my make up like that and put on some mascara. For the eye shadows, I like to use Tarte’s Tartelette in Bloom Clay Palette. As a first step, I put concealer on my lid with my fingers and blend it with my damp Beauty Blender. This helps the eye shadows to stay put. Then, I like to blend the shade “Smarty Pants” on my eyes' creases. After that, I put on the shade “Flower Child” on my lids and then the shade “Rebel” on the outer corner of my lids. To put the shades on, I use Morphe’s #M507 brush, and, to blend everything, I use Morphe’s #M513 brush. Then, to complete the eye look, I put on the shade “Flower Child” on the inner corner of my eyes. Also, I put that same shade on my brow bones, with my fingers. Finally, I put that same shade on my middle lids. I love that shade!
https://www.morphe.com/products/m513-round-blender


  •         Sixth, I LOVE to wear a cat-eye look. So, most of the time, I put on some liquid eyeliner. I recently bought BH cosmetics' liquid eyeliner. It was really cheap, and it looks nice. However, for me, it was hard to try to get a thin line out of this product. 


  •       Seventh, I curl my eyelashes with Tweezerman’s ProCurl Lash Curler and put some Tarte’s Big Ego Mascara on my lashes. As you probably have noticed, Tarte is my favorite Make Up brand and I have owned various of its mascaras thru the years. All of them have worked for me in different ways ðŸ˜Š
https://tartecosmetics.com/shop/makeup/eyes/mascara/big-ego-vegan-mascara/1634.html?dwvar_1634_color=multi&cgid=#q-header=big%2Bego&lang=default&start=3

  •           Eight, I have very thick eyebrows and I don’t really do them most of the time. I just brush them with some neutral soap, so they stay in place.
  •            Finally, I either leave my makeup like that or put on some lipstick. On the picture below, (that also shows my result after following all of the steps above) I’m wearing NYX’s Soft Matte Lip Cream (in the shade Amsterdam). 

Everyday Makeup Routine

                                                  

    Even though this may seem like a lot of work, this makeup look only takes about 10 minutes to complete and it is really easy to do. I love to wear makeup and I think it helps me to get active before my job or school. I hope you like this mini-tutorial! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below 😊














Comments

  1. Hello karina I'm seeing that your make routine is pretty simple I like. I dont know how to make up my self. I always getting up late jajaja and I jut take 15 min to do a pretty simple make to work, I would like to get advice of how would you do a 5 min make up. I really need help for that. I also have another situation. I have a wedding next december and I would an express make up because I dont want to spend $80 dll in professional make up I have seeing your work and I really think that your work is amazing is very professional would you help me with those 2 situations I will really appreacited!!!! Thanks for sharig your amazing job is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! If I were you, I would try to practice doing makeup for the wedding! I am sure you could create a great look for it! Also, what I think that takes the longer is the eye makeup. If you keep that super simple, you could definitely finish your makeup look in 5 minutes or less. Furthermore, I recommend applying your foundation with a beauty blender or something similar. It is much easier and faster than using our fingers, or a brush, and it helps makeup look nicer and more blended, in my opinion.

      Delete
  2. Hi Karina! I really like all of your content. I followed the fall eye look and I loved the result. Thank you so much! You are making makeup so much easier for me. I love all of your looks advice and product recommendations. I think that you are very talented makeup artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Paola! I am glad you are liking my content and that you had a good experience with the fall eye look tutorial :) Thank you very much!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts