Tutorial for Subtle Black Smokey Eye

  Hi everyone, 

Today, I decided to do a subtle black smokey eye. For it, I used black eyeshadow and black eyeliner (both in pencil and in gel). This has been my first attempt on this kind of look since high school! I hope you like it. As always, it is not perfect... For that, I can assure you that everyone can recreate this look (or perfect it!). As you will see, I did try to thread my eyebrows (just the excess lol). 

This is the finished eye look: 




1) As usual, I prepped my eye area with concealer and powder. 


2) I put this brown shade from Tarte's "Be you. Naturally." palette. I put it on with a medium fluffy brush all over my crease and I blended it. 


3) I applied this black eyeshadow with a small fluffy brush on my eyelid. This black shade is on BH Cosmetics' Take me Back to Brazil palette. I then blended it with the same brush I used at first. 


4) Then, I started working with gel eyeliner. I used Morphe's Gel Eyeliner in "Jet". I applied the color on my eyelid with a concealer brush. I then blended that with the same brush I used to apply the black eyeshadow. 


5) I added the same gel eyeliner to my upper lash line. I applied it with an angled brush and created a subtle wing. I also put on eyeliner on both my lower lash line and waterline with a Morphe's black eyeliner pencil. 


6) With this very small fluffy brush, I added this glittery shade to the inner corner of my eye, to my brow bone, and to the middle of my eyelid. You could skip this part if you'd like. I also curled my eyelashes and applied mascara. 



That's it! I hope you liked this look! I would wear this eye look for night events as it is a little intense for me. I think I would wear this eye makeup for New Year's Eve as it is rapidly approaching! What would you wear it for? Let me know in the comments below! I would love to know.

Comments

Popular Posts