How to do a Subtle Dark Brown Smokey Eye

 Hello everyone, 

I hope you all are doing great and staying safe! 

Yesterday, I tried to do a subtle dark brown smokey eye. I think I would actually wear this look to go to school or to go to work :)  This is the finished eye look: 


I took the picture in front of the window and next to my ring light. I have really tried to improve my photography/editing for these posts. If you have any tips, please, let me know in the comments below! I have been taking all my pictures with my Huawei P20.

  • Prep your eye area either with eyeshadow primer or with concealer and powder on top. Then, choose a shadow color that is close to your skin tone. For this eye look, I used the Tartelette in Bloom palette and chose this color. I put it on my crease and blended it with a medium fluffy brush. 

  • I then selected this very dark brown shade. I put it on with a small flat brush and just packed the color over my lid. 
  • Then, I blended the color with the first brush that I used.

  •  After that, I just continued packing the dark brown shade with a round brush and the same fluffy brush I used at first. I blended upwards and in circular motion ALMOST reaching the brow bone. It seems true that you can stop blending when your arm starts to hurt 😋


  • I then added some of that dark brown shade on my waterline with an angled brush. 

  • Afterward, I added this micro-shimmer shade with my finger. I put it on my eyelid. 

  • Then, I put this other micro-shimmer shade on the inner corner of my eye and on my brow bone. Also, with my finger. 


  • After that, I added eyeliner. I used an Elf eyeliner that was only $3 dollars! I got it from Target a couple of days ago :) Then, I cleaned everything up with a brush and my Tarte Shape Tape concealer. 


  • Afterward, I curled my eyelashes and put on mascara primer and mascara. I used the Tarte products I posted here some weeks ago. 

  • And, that's it! This is the finished eye look. 
I hope you enjoyed this mini-tutorial! I am certainly enjoying the process of posting all of these tutorials, tips, and tricks and sharing them with you :) As always, please, let me know your thoughts/comments/suggestions below! And have a great week!




Comments

Popular Posts