Easy Half-Skull Makeup Tutorial

 Hi everyone, 

I hope you enjoyed Halloween! I really did not do much yesterday since I am still staying at home... I woke up late, ate, and did homework. I also watched Netflix. Then, I decided to create a Skull Makeup Look just to get in the Halloween spirit! This is a relatively easy look and, even when Halloween 2020 is over, sadly, maybe you can use some of the tips if you are going to do a day of the dead makeup look :) 

This is the finished look: 



1)  I decided to do just the half bottom of the skull for this look. First, I outlined where I wanted it to start with white eyeliner. 


2) I painted the half bottom of my face with a white foundation. I really used an actual painting brush for that and then blended it with my beauty blender. 

3) I outlined the nose with black eyeliner. Then, I filled it out with both black lipstick and black paint since neither of the two was really showing. When I mixed those together, it showed up a little bit more. 


4) Here comes the hard part! For the teeth, you'll find that it is easier to draw the outline of the teeth. I did that with black eyeliner. 


5) Then, you can draw the top and bottom parts just by connecting the lines. I did like little arrows with the same eyeliner. 


6) Afterwards, I just continued adding black liner in between the teeth to try to add depth to that. 


7) I drew little details on the teeth and added more black to my lips with the black eyeliner and blended that upwards for the upper teeth and downwards for the lower teeth so the teeth kind of elongate. 


8) I outlined my cheekbones with the black eyeliner and filled that out with the black lipstick and black paint. 

9) I wanted to add a little bit of colour, so I drew two red lines on each side. Then, I outlined my jawline with black paint. After that, I outlined the half skull again with black eyeliner and blended that by adding black eyeshadow trying to create a 3-D effect.  I did the latest with a round small brush. 


10) That's it! You then could continue doing regular makeup on the other half of your face. I created a pink cut crease for the eye look. I also put on a beanie. 






Fun fact! My brother asked me to paint his face as well! Here's a picture of the result! My dog was not happy haha. 

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that it is useful for you. I created a tutorial for the pink cut crease eyeshadow as well if you'd like to check it out. As always, please, share any comments or suggestions you'd like me to consider! Also, let me know if you try this tutorial :) I had a lot of fun creating this look :) It was nice to do something for Halloween even if it was just a makeup look. 

























Comments

Popular Posts